The dictionary is an important accessory to the LANGMaster courses.
Direct link to the courses
Thanks to the Click&See and Say&See functions, all the expressions from the dictionary are immediately available anytime during the learning process.
State of the art dictionary features
Regarding the user functions, the dictionary provides all that contemporary technology has to offer:
- Automatic language recognition: You don’t have to worry about the direction of your translation as you work. The dictionary will automatically recognize which language the entered word comes from.
- Search in any form: You can enter a word regardless of its case, number, gender, or tense. For example, with the English word went, the dictionary will correctly search the entry go.
- Fulltext search: Words and word connections are also searched in the context of other expressions, such as amongst their translations, examples, and idioms.
- Table of all forms of the word: You can display all forms of nouns, adjectives, and verbs in a well organized table.
- Related links: Other links to the entry are looked up simultaneously, such as: Synonyms, phrase words, derived words, collocations, etc.
- The majority of the words are recorded by a native speaker, all this in the highest possible CD-ROM quality.
Content of the dictionaries:
70 000 headwords, 40 000 recorded headwords, 100 000 references, 200 000 translations, 20 000 examples and phrases, 200 theme groups
75 000 headwords, 40 000 recorded headwords, 100 000 references, 200 000 translations, 20 000 examples and phrases
47 000 headwords, 17 000 recorded headwords, 90 000 references, 140 000 translations
50 000 headwords, 25 000 recorded headwords, 90 000 references
Italian:The Italian ESPRESSO does not contain a dictionary, only a glossary.